Saturday, December 5, 2009

Do you feel uncomfortable getting makeup applications at a department store?

I was walking through a large department store yesterday and they were promoting some makeup and had a super sale. There was tons of people who were makeup artists giving makeovers to the customers. There must of been maybe fifty people getting makeovers.





I would not want someone looking at me so closely and putting makeup on my skin. It would make me uncomfortable. If I had any flaws I would not want them to see them so closely. These people are strangers!





Would a stranger putting makeup on you make you uncomfortable?Do you feel uncomfortable getting makeup applications at a department store?
Not at all, because they are qualified and know what they are doing. They are doing their jobs and you can be assured that they work for a company that hires them and know who they are before serving their customers. Eventhough they are strangers but then think about it, its like your going to a doctor and he/she has to check your body. What make any differences about them. Everyone has flaws, and they wouldn't remember you anyway because they have to look at so many variety of faces and work out what product work best for the customers and also promote their products. They are pretty fun to chat too, once you get on the seat and start talking to them, they won't turn out to be bad after all once you get socializing with them.Do you feel uncomfortable getting makeup applications at a department store?
Definitely not uncomfortable with a stranger putting makeup on me. These strangers have a special skill and i go all the time to get makeovers because i love learning new ways and new ideas on applying makeup. But all people are different and feel insecure about there skin and would not like a stranger to be so close to there skin so i understand why you would feel uncomfortable.
I know exactly what you mean. My friends always get makeovers at the Benefit and Urban Decay counters but I never feel comfortable enough to. I'm also wary of how clean the brushes and sponges used to apply the make-up are, as they must have been on hundreds of other peoples' faces. I much prefer to experiment at home with my own make-up techniques and watch tutorials on Youtube.
No whenever people aks to do a makeover on me or 'try out' their products I always refuse.


I would hate to have makeup being done in a store where people are watching.


I would feel humiliated at the fact they were looking close up at all my imperfections.


Eurgh I dread to think of it :)


x
Yes. In fact, the whole experience of going to a department store makeup counter (even if they don't put makeup on me) is so uncomfortable that I buy my makeup online. The makeup counter people are so pushy.
No some stranger putting makeup on me doesn't make me uncomfortable I have had it done to me a million times doesn't bother me one bit.
ive gone up before and been treated rudely. especially when i asked them to shave the hair on my upper lip. but then again i am a man.
Yes I've always wanted to do it. I just feel embarrassed and also like everyone in the store is looking at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks