Friday, December 11, 2009

Will daily application of makeup ruin my skin at 15?

hi, im 15 years old and wear makeup everyday. Not for everyone else but for myself. I dont have any pimples or anything just small freckles and light skin.


I have blue eyes, blonde hair.





And i think i look better with it.


I put it on so it looks natural, but flawless.





I use mascara


2 shades of foundation (not heavy) used with spoungy thing


then powder





and brush on some bronzer


followed by some rub in blush.





I use it all over my face (except blush)


but i am just a bit concerned.





I moisterize with a very good natural mouisterizer befor and after application. I use a cleanser eveynight in the shower to get it all off, but i always feel guilty because im wondering is this ruining my skin and is the moisturizer really making up for it?





Will my skin damage or age quickly? Please i would love any advise.





And please dont start with 'Your young, you dont need makeup', because well, i feel uncomfertable without it so i wear it.Will daily application of makeup ruin my skin at 15?
What you're doing sounds great. Most teenage girls do wear make-up, however they do not seem to always wash it off before bed, as well as remember to moisturize twice daily.





I doubt that it will ruin your skin since it seems as though you are taking proper care of it. It may have a tiny effect on it as you get older, but probably not much since you cleanse and moisturize often. As someone mentioned before, make sure your moisturizer has SPF in it, preferably 15, and that will definitely help maintain the youth and natural glow in your skin. Another thing I doubt is that you will continue to wear as much make up in about two years to even a years time. When I was 14-15 I wore almost exactly what you wear, foundation, bronzer, mascara etc. However in my junior year of high school i started to become a bit lazy and realized that if you have pretty good skin, then foundation is not all that necessary. For the rest of the year I only wore eyeliner. This year, in my senior year, I wear absolutely no make up at all. It's so much easier, and in time, I think you'll find that you actually look a bit better with less make up on. However if you still want to wear the same amount of make up for a while, go for it, just keep doing what you're doing!Will daily application of makeup ruin my skin at 15?
You are doing the right thing by cleansing and moisturising your skin every night.





I know this girl who never cleaned off her eye make up, and then i din't see her for a while. When i did see her, around her eyes looked awful!!! Wrinkly and just bad, so keep up your cleansing routine.


I agree with the natural make-up answer...because normal foundation does clog your pores, but a natural foundation, or one with an SPF in it would be even better.


So good on you. Choose the right make up and keep doing waht your doing, i reckon your skin should be fine :)
No it won't wreck your skin! In fact, I often think it helped mine because I was far more aware of cleansing properly after wearing it!





Make sure your moisturiser and foundation has SPF's in it too! Added bonus -sun protection!
I completely understand where you're coming from (I've been there). I would say try to use makeup with spf in it and oil free. That will keep your skin young because it will protect it from the sun and oil free will reduce your chances of breaking out. I think you're doing good with washing your face. I use the 3 step from Clinique where you wash, tone, and moisturize twice a day. However, there are all kinds of brands that offer a 3 step you can try. Washing obviously cleans your face, toning removes dead skin cells, and moisturizing keeps your face from getting dry. Now, I even use an eye cream (I'm only 20, but I have dark circles so that helps) and an antioxidant moisturizer that protects my skin from pollutants in the air. As long as your remain consistent with your skin care, you should be fine.
It depends on what type of make-up you use.





Try to use make-up with all natrual ingredients and pure mineral powders.





All the crap they put in some cosmetics would ruin anybody's skin with long-period use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks