Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The makeup application process?

I am not new to makeup but I think I may have been doing something wrong so would like to consult you ladies on the sequence in which you apply your makeup. Especially on the eye makeup, like should eyeliner be applied first or eyeshadow or mascara etc... Pls do share some of the makeup tips you know too. Thank you!The makeup application process?
The steps i do:





1. apply moisturizer, any where i need it, mostly where my face is a little dry. (clinique)





2. apply liquid foundation with a brush in circular motions (foundation %26amp; brush are MAC)





3. put concealer under my eyes and on top of my lid and inside the crease of my lid, i use my concealer as a primer, so that my eyeshadow stays on longer %26amp; doesnt crease. (MAC concealer)





4. Set my foundation with a finishing powder, using a brush, applying in circular motions (MAC powder)





5. Use my bronzer as a blush, brush lightly on my cheeks. (Too Faced bronzer)





6. Curl my eyeslashes with a curler %26amp; apply with mascara (MAC fiber lash)





7. Line the inside of my bottum lid with eyeliner. (Chanel Waterproof Eyeliner)





8. Do either a cats eye, or a plain line on the top lid using a liquid liner. (Covergirl)





9. Draw in my eyebrows a little, since i like a thicker, high arched eye brow. (MAC eyebrow pencil)





10. Use a cream colored shadow on my whole eye area, on the lid, and up to the brow, to highlight my whole eye area. (Lancome eyeshadow)





11. If i want a smokey eye, (only when im doing a cats eye) i use a charcoal eye shadow and work it upward, lining it with the cats eye, and then brushing it into my crease, and then blending it with the cream. (Avon Charcoal Shadow)





12. Put on a stick concealer on my lips for a completely nude lip color. (Covergirl concealer)





13. Finish with MAC Lipglass in C-Thur.The makeup application process?
I usually do eye makeup first. I use a dark eyeliner on the inner lower lid, and then apply mascara. For mascara, I like to use Lash Blast by Cover Girl, and I rotate the brush slowly outward which gets all my lashes. They actually have a brush that spins when you push a button which I have not tried but I know people who have and they love it. Then I use a black eyeshadow, make a line above my lash line and smudge it with my finger. Then I use a make up removing towelette to get all the eyeshadow and mascara that has smudged that give the appearance of dark circles under your eyes. Then I apply cover up where needed and blend. And a recent purchase, the HD powder by Make Up Forever I just bought at Sephora, a bit expensive but SOOOO worth it. It makes your skin glow. Hope this helped [:
I put mascara on top, then eyeliner on the bottom, then the mascara on the bottom. I usually only do mascara on top though.





If you're doing eyeliner on top you should obviously do that before putting on mascara. Eyeshadow should definitely go on before mascara or you may smudge it or get eyeshadow flakes on it.
moisturise, primer, foundation, powder, extra powder on eye area, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, lipliner, lipstick, lipgloss





thats the order
http://www.youtube.com/user/xteeener





These videos (no they're not mine) are from a girl who uses mostly drugstore brands and focuses on her eye makeup...
Eyeliner should be after you put on eyeshadow or whatever else you put on,. That way the eyeliner doesn't look faded and yeah.
eyeshadow(from lightest color to darkest) then eyeliner, then curl lashes, then mascara

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks