Friday, December 11, 2009

About how much is the average price for makeup application at a salon?

I need help!!! How much is the avg price for makeup application at a salon? Just some foundation, eyeshadow, and lip stick.


How much should I charge someone who wants me to do THEIR makeup?








(Location: Arizona)





Thanks!! =)About how much is the average price for makeup application at a salon?
I am in AZ - went to a resort and paid $65 for a makeup application. They used high end mineral makeup. I think your price should reflect your materials and your skill. :)About how much is the average price for makeup application at a salon?
You can get FREE makeup consultations, and then choose to purchase the makeup that they sell if you like it.If you would like to get a hair and makeup package for a party, wedding or prom, it runs $60 and up.
charge them 15 dollars!
On the West Coast (L.A.) you can get your make-up done by a make-up artist in the nicer department stores for $50-$60.





Many times they offer a ';Free'; make over, but be careful. Usually these are ';Lead Ins'; for sales.





In other words, it may be in fine print that you have to spend X amount of dollars buying their expensive make up in order to get the free make over. It always pays to ask questions before you sit down and let them do their thing.





Also be sure that the person doing the make up is an expert and not just one of the sales clerks.
When I was younger I was able to go to my local department store and have my makeup done for free. Stores like Nordstroms, JcPennys, Macy's - basically any place that sells ';make-up'; will give people make overs for free. Their goal is that you will like the application so much that you purchase the products that they used.





I have also been to a ';day spa'; and had my make-up done, (false eye lashes included) for $90.00. The make up that was used was all MAC and Bobby Brown, and if you know your makeup, you know that one tube of MAC lipstick is more than the cost of lunch for two!
For me, in NY it was $100 for full face and $150 for air brushing.
if you have a MAC in your mall or any where near you they do your make up if you spen 50.00$ or more on their cosmetics.


and they do it really nice too! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks