Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Where do I go to get makeup application advise?

Long story, but it's been over 10 years since I've worn makeup. Obviously, everything about my face is now 10+ years older and I'm finding now, at age 45, that the colors ( eye shadow, liner, mascara ) I used to use and / or the way I used to apply them just don't look ';right'; on me anymore. I've been buying and testing around with different colors, but I just can't seem to come up with a combination that looks appealing. I also think that at this point, I'm so frustrated I can't be objective anymore.





I want to be able to '; go '; somewhere - be it in person or to a specialized website - that will tell me / show me what works best on me.





I do have one little problem regarding my immediate neighborhood: I'm kind of out in the boondocks ... SuperCuts %26amp; Fantastic Sam's are about as fancy as it gets out here. I'm willing to make the 2 hour drive to a larger city to get the help I'm looking for ... I'm just not sure ';who'; I'm looking for ( a cosmotologist ?? ).Where do I go to get makeup application advise?
u can go to www.maybelline.com and check out the virtual makeover. hope that helps.Where do I go to get makeup application advise?
i would go to a sephora store or macy's department store and ask for help. The makeup artists at sephora are very nice. If you go to Macy's, I would try the clinique counter or prescriptives counter because they won't be snobby!
Free beauty tips on Makeup/


Hairstyles %26amp; photo gallery/


hair highlighting after care/


Weightloss /Hairremoval/ etc...


http://geebal.blogspot.com





check the links below for natural homemade beauty tips to:/Darkcircles under your eyes


http://geebal.blogspot.com





Do Hot oil massages and protien treatment --- read it here --





Read...Free Beauty tips on....natural and homemade methods to:


Skincare/Acne-pimple cure/Blemishes/Whiteheads/Blackheads/


Wrinkles/Freckles/Steaming/herbal recipe for skin


Haircare/Dandruff/Hairloss/ Hot oil massages


Henna on hair/Splitends/Oilyhair/Dryhair


Nailcare/Manicure/Pedicure


Eye care/Darkcircles/Puffiness/eyebags


Herbal tips/Herbal recipe


http://geebal.blogspot.com
Try to check on astrology.com it brings most makeup products an tips.
Just head to the closest mall (go with no make up on) and get someone from a make up counter to do you over.





Pick a decent brand though. And also one that is in your price range. Because if you are happy with what she has done, you will want to buy the lot and could end up spending a small fortune.





However, the right foundation and colours are worth paying for because you will use them for a year or so.





Cut costs by buying things like mascara and eyeliner at the chemist where they are cheaper. Spend the dollars on foundation, primer and eye shadows. And you can get away with only one blush colour.





Shop online. I live in Australia (and right near all the shops) but I buy heaps online and read a lot of magazines to get reviews on new products and brands that are out.





Have fun!
I had a friend's wedding to go to a few months ago and was stuck as to what and how I should apply my make up. So I went down to a department store (I live in a major city) - which had about 20 make up counters and just talked to a lady there about what would suit my complexion.





I recommend you pick a counter and tell them you want everyday makeup, and ask them what colours and products would suit your skin. They will usually put it on your face and try a few diff colours. Ask them q's as they go (as I did) about how they are actually putting on the eyedshadow, blush etc, which direction to go in, how you should blend the colours together. This advice is free of course and then get it right most (if not all) of the time! You can always change their recommendations to your liking.





If you don't want to buy their product, it's always best to keep them uninformed about that fact until the end when you say, 'Oh, could you write down the products for me, I'll be in to buy them on thurs when I get my paycheck'; (or insert your own fib here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks