Friday, December 11, 2009

Makeup product and application question?

Hey all. So I need some help with makeup and makeup products. I have bluish/light green eyes, pretty fair skin, light brown long hair. My skin gets red easily, especially in the cold and wind. Right now I use Covergirl TruBlend liquid foundation (doesn't work too well), Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation (kinda orangey on me), concealer if i need it, brown liquid eyeliner on my upper lid, sometimes i use a black eyeliner stick on my lower lid, two coats of Maybelline mascara, and a whiteish lilacish eyeshadow. It looks okay on some days. I want to use new products and go for a new look. Any help for products would be awesome! I especially!! want new foundation that lasts all day and provides GOOD coverage! Any tips on how to apply properly would be much appreciated! Thank you so much! I can put up pictures if needed.





Thanks!Makeup product and application question?
I think it would be best if you tried to move away from the drug store cosmetics. They aren't bad but you will see much better results using semi high end brands. Here's what I suggest...





A good moisturizer! Pick up one at any drugstore that you think will do your type of skin well.





Smashbox Photofinish Primer.. this can be purchased at Sephora. This will help seal in your foundation and make it last for the whole day without rubbing or sliding off.





If you're looking for a liquid foundation go with Makeup Forever HD Liquid Foundation or MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Makeup Forever can be purchased at Sephora and MAC can be purchased at most Macys and Nordstroms or just a freestanding store.





If you're looking for a powder foundation (much better for your skin!) go with Makeup Forever Duo Mat Powder. This can be purchaed at Sephora. It's EXCELLENT coverage!! Very natural but still wonderful.





If you go for liquid foundation you will need a powder to set it. Go for MAC Blot Powder of MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. If you go for Makeup Forever HD pick up the Makeup Forever HD Powder to set the liquid.





MAC and Makeup Forever both make excellent bronzers. If you want something with a little shimmer go for MAC Bronzer in Golden. It's beautiful and not orangey at all. If you want something with no shimmer, get one of the Makeup Forever Bronzers. I'm not sure which shade would you suit you, they run a little light so you're best bet is to try them out yourself.





Make sure you get good brushes!! Quality brushes are very important. Pick up a foundation brush, powder brush, and flat shader eyeshadow brush. All these can be purchased at MAC. I suggest the 187 for liquid and the 239 for eyeshadow. Use your own judgement for a fluffly powder brush. If you can't spend as much, go to Target and pick up the Sonia Kashuk brushes. Those are pretty good quality as well. Use your own judgement when picking out which ones you think would be best.





MAC has several great eyeshadow colors to chose from including some very pretty purples. Have the Makeup Artist help you pick out some shades that go together.





Stick with your drugstore eyeliners as they work usually just as well as semi high end to high end eyeliners. Drugstore Mascara is ok as well. No need to change that. If you want to though, go for MAC eye kohl in Smolder or for waterproof eyeliner, powerpoint pencil. I believe they also put out liquid eyeliner but to be honest, I think the drug store brands work equally as well. If you'd like to change your mascara go for DiorShow. It will give you awesome lashes.





Hope this helps!Makeup product and application question?
Revlon colorstay foundation is the best drugstore foundation ever!











you can apply it with a foundation brush and face sponges.
I have heard so many great things about Revlon liquid foundation! But I have never tried it personally. But I would go for that one if you want a great drugstore foundation. For bronzer, I have only gotten one of them and the one I got I wouldn't recommend. For a powder I am loving Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder.





http://www.revlon.com/ProductCatalog/Pro鈥?/a>





This is how I apply liquid: Take my finger and get a little foundation and dot it on my face then blend it together with fingers. I have tried using a brush and it doesn't work out so well. I just make sure my fingers are really clean. Then after that I put on concealer sometime w/ a brush and sometimes not. The I put my Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder all over w/ a powder brush.





http://www.maybelline.com/Product/Face/P鈥?/a>





For mascara and eyeliner I think you are good but it doesn't sound like are having a hard time w/ that. For eyeshadow get one of the Maybelline eyeshadow quads they are great they tell you how to do different looks w/ the for eyeshadows you get.





http://www.maybelline.com/Product/Eye/Ey鈥?/a>





Hope this helps! : D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks