Saturday, December 5, 2009

Need help with makeup application?

Alright so I'm seventeen and I've been using makeup for about 2 years. I've been trying to get that ';flawless'; face look, and i just can't. I've tried liquid foundation and now I'm planning to try mineral makeup from everyday minerals.





BASICALLY, what I want to know is how do I go about applying my makeup so it looks natural? How do I prep my skin, like what's a moisturizer, a toner and a primer? and do i use all three? what are the best brands that i get get at a local drug store or walmart/target?


is there any good liquid foundation out there that has a variety of colors? I have some blemishes so what's the best concealer?





i know I have a lot of questions so any help would be appreciatedNeed help with makeup application?
I will try my best to answer all your questions the best i can:)





Ok first with foundation.. Lancome liquid foundation has REALLY good foundations.. take my word for it. it lasts long and they give you the flawless look. I use Color idea (its about 40 bucks.. i know expensise BUT WORTH IT..if you think how much you spend on a bunch of the cheap kinds when you can stick with one really good expensive one) But im sure the other lancome foundations work really well to. i hear photogenic works great.


heres the link to lancome foundations: http://www.lancome-usa.com/makeup/founda鈥?/a>


the one i use is the skinny tall bottle with a black lid. (second page i think)


If you want to go for a more natural look try a tinted moisturizer.





To make your face makeup last longer get a primer. Put about the size of a dime all over your face before you put on foundaion or tinted moisturizer. Theres tinted moisturizers with toners in them. (try laura mercier) So you wont have to do that.. primers and toners basicially work the same so you dont necessarily have to use both. i use toner after i wash my face.Need help with makeup application?
Well first take a skin color concealer and put that on all of your flaws or parts of skin that are different colors. Then blend the outside of each mark into your skin. Then take any normal foundation and put that on. To make it look even better, you can put mineral powder on over that.
I always get compliments on my natural looking make-up, so here's what I do';





-Apply a face lotion (whatever brand is best for your skin, experiment) onto a make-up sponge and apply to your entire face.


-Apply Maybelline pure makeup foundation to the sponge to your face (use sparingly, you can always add more, but you really don't need a lot)


-Cover up blemishes with liquid concealer (I use Neutrogena)


-If you have dark blue circles under your eyes, conteract it by dabbing a sheer red lipstick to the area, and THEN covering with flesh colored concealer.


-If you have red spots from acne,etc, conteract it by dabbing a green concealer to the spot and then put on concealer.


-To make sure it stays without looking cakey, brush on Neutrogena healthy skin blends.


-Brush a sheer pink blush onto the apples of your cheeks (smile to find them).


-Curl your lashes and brush on ONE coat of black mascara. Anymore and it will be too heavy for daytime.


-Use neutral toned eyeliners like brown, stay away from black because people always over do it when it comes to black.


-Slick on a sheer pink gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks