Saturday, December 5, 2009

What are some good makeup tips for the 40-something woman? Application and brand advice?

Well, I'm only 18 so you can consider me a null source if you like. But as far as product lines go, I would definately reccomend neutrogena. They make great stuff. It's a little more of an investment but it's great for your skin. You can get makeup with toner in it or that moistureizes, even oil free if you need it. (though I would imagine that would be more in the teen spectrum what with the raging hormones and all...) The line is based more on natural beauty. Which, in my opinion, is what makes a woman look beautiful. I'd say it's worthwhile to find a good mascaera too. I recently bought one with a fantastic applicator that lengthens and thickens my lashes beyond anything else I've tried. It comes in a purple container and it's CoverGirl Lash Exact. It's been great as long as I've had it and it keeps well. I wouldn't reccomend eyeliner - just a dark mascaera, but that's sort of personal preference. Hope some of this helped... I've tried a lot of stuff with dance recitals and colorguard shows and all... so I have a little experience with it at least. Best of luck to you! :)What are some good makeup tips for the 40-something woman? Application and brand advice?
Less is more. Reddish/pink lipstick is a staple, some blush, mascara and you should be good to go!What are some good makeup tips for the 40-something woman? Application and brand advice?
The less the better if you're over 40...try Laura Mercier (nordstroms)
Mary Kay is an excellent brand for any age. Check with a local consultant and you can get a free makeover and try before you buy.
Go easy on the eye liner and dark eye colours...try pastel and neutral colours instead. Depending on the skin colour, which would look better on you...warm colours (e.g. brown) or cool colours (e.g. green). A good non-greasy moisturiser will give your skin a nice healthy glow before make up application. If eye make up is emphasised, go easy on the lips (application of a neutral colour with a touch of gloss in the middle) and vice versa. If you have healthy skin, opt for a concealer (Bobbi Brown is pretty good) rather than foundation. Don't forget to dab a little under the eyes for a smooth and polished look.
Well my mom is 40 she looks gr8 in a shimmery bronzer(rust coloured since it matches her skintone). Do not use lipgloss. Lipsticks with a good mosturiser are nice. U can use a grown/black eyeliner. Clear mascara.
Ok, I'm 40+ and I use bare minerals. Looks natural, no caking or powdery look that shows all of your wrinkles. it's a gentle make-up and really works well. Less is more when it comes to our age group. they have everything that you need, eye shadows, liners, lipsticks, etc.
dunno...maybe bcoz they r the age group that needs make up...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks